Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog #3

The books on my shelves could be organized a number of ways; from chapter 3 of Weinberger books used to be organized by size in libraries to make the most of shelf space, that could be one way for me to reorganize, that's the way we organized the books on our table on Tuesday.
I know my mom would prefer for me to have them organized alphabetically by authors rather than broken up by categories and then organized within these categories. I'm guessing that when she's looking for a specific book she has to go through one shelf, then another, then another until she finds the correct category of books.
Of course the books could also be organized by genre: fiction, non-fiction, fables, fairy tales, adventure, etc...
I could intermix my French and English books, it wouldn't make much of a difference to me, I read both just as well so why do I still make the distinction?

2 comments:

  1. What do you think your organization says about what/how you value books as opposed to your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, from the Weinberger's ideas, I'm more of a splitter than a lumper. I like to have smaller categories so I can find things faster. The books at eye level are the ones I value most, my books from France and the books I bought myself. My mom sees no real necessity in this way of organizing since all the books in my room have the same low value for her.

    ReplyDelete